IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTES
In order for Aladdin to offer the best service at the best possible price, it would help us greatly if the following is in order.
- An installation requires power-tools and therefore access to electricity.
- If there is no power-point inside the garage and an average extension lead is insufficient, please advise us so that we can arrive prepared.
- If there is no power on site, please inform us so that we can arrange a generator.
- If a motor is being installed, please note that a15 amp, 3-pin plug point must be available exclusively for the door motor and should be positioned within 1.2m of where the operator will be secured.
Please note that by law, we are not allowed to move, extend or install any power-points.
- Our teams need to be able to reach the garage with a vehicle.
- The garage must be empty so as to provide the work area required for the
- All paint, concrete, tiling, skreeting, etc. must be done and dried before we perform
- No workforce or labourers should be entering or exiting the garage during the
installation as this is both dangerous as well as time-consuming.
- Any delays caused by an unprepared site will be billed to the client. If an
installation needs to be rescheduled, the next available date will be booked
without any special preference.
- A deposit of 70% is required before an installation date will be secured.
- Once an installation has been completed, the remaining balance must be paid
before our teams may leave the site.
- We accept cash, cards and EFT’s, please discuss your method of payment when
your booking is made.
Cash: Please count the cash with one of our team-members so that both parties
agree to the amount handed over. The team-member must write out a cash
receipt in return for the payment. Without this cash-receipt, we will have no
way of tracing any cash that has been handled.
Card Payments: Please request the card machine if you plan on paying with a card.
Ensure that you keep your receipt.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT): We can only accept that payment has been
received once the money appears in the Aladdin Bank Account.
Unfortunately, a Proof-of-Payment cannot be a substitute for the above-
If an EFT is being made on-site for the outstanding balance, a direct transfer must
- We require that the client be on site to sign off on the completed job.
- If the client cannot personally be on site, the installation must be postponed or the
sign-off must be entrusted to a person appointed by the client.
- We do offer to remove any old garage door parts as an added benefit without
charge if instructed so by the client. This product gets disposed of and cannot be
claimed at a later point.
- We carry a 3 month warranty on the labour element and a 12 month warranty on
the products of all of our installations.
- If we are called out under the warranty and find that an issue is not related to the
installation, a call out fee can be charged to the client.
- No warranty work will be performed if full payment on the original job has not
been received; however, the warranty period starts from the day of installation regardless of payment.
- In cases where Aladdin has not supplied the product, it will be the client’s responsibility to confer with the original supplier in the case of malfunction.
- We request that our technicians not be asked to assist with any tasks that are
unrelated to the installation at hand, any such requests will be charged for at an
hourly labour rate.
- Our teams are strictly prohibited from performing services relating to garage doors
on a private basis. Any such actions can be invoiced to the client through Aladdin
and disciplinary action will be taken internally.